||1972 Datsun 1200 coupe
||9" series-wound by Advanced DC, model FB-4001
||Original 4 speed transmission with shaved flywheel and heavy duty clutch
||Zilla Z1K 1000 amp controller by Cafe Electric
||14 Enersys 'Genesis' XE60 12V AGM lead acid, 47 ahr @ C1. Pack weight 693 lbs.
||PFC20 (hotrod version) by Manzanita Micro
||Ceramic core, approximately 1500 watt
||Todd PC40 with 16 ahr Enersys 12V battery & .5 Farad capacitor backup
||Twin E-meters...traction system & 12 volt system
~5.5 seconds, 1/4 mile in ~14 seconds, top speed ~125 mph
@ 80% DOD:
||25-30 miles driven aggressively, 35-40 miles at constant 55 mph, 45-50 miles at lower urban speeds of 35-45 mph
||Original 4 place seating has been retained
||175/70 R 13 GoodYear Invicta GLR (LRR)
- First converted to electric power in 1980...thirty years of gas-free high performance electric driving!
- Special violet pearl over royal blue paint
*Thanks to The Refinishing factory for their support*
- American Racing alloy wheels
*Thanks to American Racing for their support*
- Custom interior
*Thanks to Guy's Interior Restorations for their support*
- Recent fabrication of the stainless steel battery trays and all brackets by Marko Mongillo
- 225 watt competition stereo system w/ 3 classic Sony amplifiers, 14 speakers - main stage by MB Quart and four 8 JL Audio inch subs, JVC CD head unit with remote 10 disc changer
- All high current high voltage cables and gold plated connectors by 'Phoenix Gold'
*Thanks to Phoenix Gold for their support*
- Clear Lexan battery covers
- Keyfob controlled motorized rear battery tray
- 6 channel security system
- Euro 'Cibie' H4 headlights, non-USA split clear/amber front lenses, non-USA tricolor rear lenses
- Featured in the following: November '94 Sport Compact Car magazine, March '95 Car Audio and Electronics magazine, March '99 Wired magazine, March '05 (issue #5) Make magazine, January '09 (issue #7) Retro Cars magazine.